Having a wide range of accounts that can cater to the different types of traders goes a long way in providing a good brokerage platform.
However, probably the most important section for any IQ Option and Olymp Trade reviews to focus on is the financial instruments the platforms have available. This is because ultimately traders are going to be dealing with these the most and a variety here can make the experience much more involved.
- Forex. This is one of the most popular instruments in the trading world. It deals with foreign exchange and trading currencies. Both IQ Option and Olymp Trade have great Forex trading options available. IQ Option provides further range within this instrument, with more diversity to trade with. When we compare Olymp Trade, they have less currencies available to trade by quite a bit.
- Stocks. Another popular instrument in the trade room. Stocks are the most recognisable type of market, with the more standard buying and selling. Again, both the IQ Option and Olymp Trade systems offer their users a viable position in amongst the available assets. These have a wide range of options, with IQ Option again providing more assets for users to delve into.
- Cryptocurrencies. These have become a popular trading instrument, with their fluctuating prices making interesting trading options. Each system has an array of crypto options available to the traders. Like with any instrument, these have their own set of benefits and drawbacks for the users to explore.
- Commodities. These are the more niche sector of the market, with fewer options to trade on than the others. Once more, there is a selection of these assets up for trade on both these platforms. With the limited securities involved these can be more limiting but they offer their own set of expectations and surprises.
- CFDs. Contracts for difference are a derivative trading option where users speculate on the values of certain assets. IQ Option has a couple of options within this particular instrument. Olymp Trade on the other hand has not involved this instrument in their trading room. This is perhaps indicator of its younger age and current focus.
- Options. These are the ever-growing financial instruments that operate in the binary fashion. This is to say that they have two possible outcomes, usually high or low, and make for great intro trading options. These are accessible on the Olymp Trade platform but again, there is a greater offering found with IQ Option which is top of the line especially with regard to options trading.
Concerning the options trading there is a cap on the potential returns available to the traders that make these types of trades. This is comparative to the amount of investment and factored in as a percentile of this investment. IQ Option offers up to 90% of the stake placed on the trade, while Olymp Trade goes only as high as 80% on their basic account.
The Olymp Trade system has around 100 assets to trade on, while IQ Option has over 500, a more varied selection for traders to build their online trading strategies.
Overall, there are many different instruments to trade on within either of these platforms.